One of the most recent favorites of paleolithic diet followers is wheatgrass. Its list of health benefits is continuously adding up every day. Lots of ongoing research works & studies are showing the overwhelming potential of this. The easiest way to consume wheatgrass would be through making a juice. So, here we tell you how to make wheatgrass juice.
But first, let’s get some knowledge on wheatgrass and why you should consume it.
- 1 What is Wheatgrass?
- 2 Health Benefits:
- 3 Wheatgrass Juice Recipes
- 4 Final Words
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass is mainly the fresh leaves you can get from the common wheat plant. People often chose this to be their dietary supplement. But you can utilize its edibility in versatile ways. You can have it as freeze-dried food, or you can eat it completely fresh. Either way, you get the benefits. There are also other forms of wheatgrass, such as capsules, powder, tablets, and liquid. It usually grows in soil or water. You can eat it raw if you want. It sure has medical benefits but doesn’t just rely on wheatgrass only if you have other medications.
For its numerous health benefits, people call it Liquid Sunshine. There are lots of benefits of wheatgrass, but here we discussed the proven ones. Let’s get through them.
1. Nutrition & Antioxidants:
Wheatgrass is high in chlorophyll, vitamins (especially A, C & E), minerals (Iron, Magnesium, Calcium) & Essential Amino Acids. Glutathione is its primary antioxidant.
Detoxification, nourishment, antioxidative activities are such three characteristics that are rarely combined in this wonder of nature.
2. Cholesterol Reduction Activities:
Some animal studies concluded that wheatgrass helps reduce LDL Cholesterol, while, surprisingly, its pharmacokinetic activities are similar to those of Atorvastatin, a medicinal drug frequently used to treat high blood cholesterol.
3. Anticancer Effects:
Due to its high antioxidant content, some in vitro studies have found that wheatgrass may help kill cancer cells. Also, one human study found that it may reduce complications of chemotherapy. Research activities are intensive regarding this particular aspect of contemporarily.
4. Blood Sugar Regulations Properties:
Since several studies have decided that wheatgrass can lower human blood sugar levels significantly, it’s mesmerizingly great for cardiovascular health & fighting against Insulin Resistance.
5. Inflammation Lessening Capabilities
Drinking merely under ½ cup of wheatgrass juice for one month can reduce disease severity & rectal bleeding in patients with Ulcerative Colitis.
6. Aiding Weight Loss
Human & animal studies have discovered that the Thylakoids in Wheatgrass & other green vegetables promote increase satiety & weight loss.
7. Helps your brain work better
With the consumption of wheatgrass, you can get relief from anxiety and stress. It has got some neuroprotective effects that help your brain work better.
Wheatgrass Juice Recipes
Consuming wheatgrass is really convenient, as it’s possible to grow them around your house. The best and the easiest way to do it is to make a juice out of wheatgrass. Here we give you three recipes you can try.
1. Juice with Fresh Sprouts
It’s crucial to use the right type of wheatgrass juicer when you make juice from fresh sprouts. Juice extractors that grind wheatgrass will damage it. You will need a manual juice extractor that’s expected to preserve their benefits. Once you get that done, move to the following steps.
- Take 50 grams of wheatgrass and wash them properly. Raw wheatgrass has a lot of mold and bacteria in them.
- Then take a knife and start cutting those grasses properly. Make sure they are neat. Otherwise, you will find chunks of them on your juice.
- Get your juicer ready and begin extracting the juice out of the wheatgrass. Pour the juice into a glass and enjoy it.
This is the best way to get all the benefits of wheatgrass. You won’t lose any health benefits with some raw wheatgrass juice.
2. Mixed Breakfast Juice
You can combine lots of other healthy food items with wheatgrass at your breakfast table. You’ll have only to put them afresh into the blender. They might enhance the taste of the juice itself. To make a juice like that, you can try this recipe.
- First of all, take two tablespoons chia seeds.
- Then, you will need 240 grams of spinach.
- Get a glass of 240 milliliters of coconut vegetable milk. It’s better to use this milk rather than other types of milk.
- Take a banana and cut it in half. This will help you get a better taste from the juice along with its own benefits.
- To make it even better with the taste, you can put 80 grams of raspberries on it.
- And finally, put 30 milliliters of wheatgrass juice in the mixer and start blending. Blend till you feel like everything is properly mixed.
This is a great way to enjoy your healthy wheatgrass juice. It tastes better than the raw wheatgrass juice. It also comes with some additional benefits of chia seeds, spinach, banana, and raspberries.
3. Cleanser juice
This is probably the healthiest juice you can ever drink. It has got ingredients that are meant to be for health purposes along with wheatgrass in it. Let’s just check out the recipe.
- You will need two carrots
- Take two apples and cut them into pieces.
- Get one stalk celery.
- Cut the beetroot into slices. Make sure the slices are thin.
- Take one-fourth of a medium-sized cucumber.
- A small piece of ginger alongside.
- And finally, 30 ml of wheatgrass juice. Mix them all together.
Have this juice for just about two weeks. You will see drastic changes in your health conditions. Try drinking this every morning to get the best possible results from it.
Wheatgrass is one gift box of health benefits from nature. To maximize these benefits, take a serving of wheatgrass every day. Now that you know how to make wheatgrass juice, this should be easy. While you are on it, you should pay attention to any changes that you notice in your body. Besides, it’s also important to find the dosage & time of day that works for you. We hope you’ll find it amazing.